By Orhan Tan
Presedent Obama knows;
1.That, The Armenians’ claims are mostly based on rumours.
2.That, The decision to blame a nation with genocide guilt is under the authority of an international court. Therefore, if he would state the word genocide his saying would be illegal and would not suit for the USA Presedent.
3.That, The Armenians’ revolts started in 1890 s and occured more than 30 times.
4. That, The most reliable documents for Armenians are a. Ambassador Morgenthau’ s Memories was written by his two Armenian secretaries using the hearsays, b. Blue Book which was prepared by Britain as a WW I propaganda document ( i.e . Psychological Warfare document , and Obama’ s military advisers know what it means)
5.That, the British government decided to judge the accused 144 dignitaries / commanders in Malta. More than two years (1919 -1921) trial the British court without a single indictment closed the court and set the dignitaries free.
6.That, US Senate sent Major General Harbord with a delegation to Turkey. Gen. Harbord reported to Senate also that provacations by British on Armenians to induce them to fight. In his report Gen. Harbord mentioned moslem losses too.
7.That, Mr. Fridthof Nansen, Secretary General, League of Nations, Sep. 21, 1929 quotes; “Western Powers had said to Armenians “ If you figfht with us against the Turks we promise to give you a national home and independence!” Armenians fought, 200.000 volunteers sacrificed their lives, but when Peace was signed given promise was forgotten.
8. That, the first PM of Armenia Hovannes Katchaznouni says, in 1923 ; “The Sevres Treaty had blinded everyone’s eyes… We now see that if we had agreed on a settlement with the Turks directly (in spite of the Sevres Treaty) we might have gained a lot. But we could not see this point…It is also a reality, an unforgivable reality that we did not do anything to avoid war, but did just the opposite; we created excuses for it.”
9. That, Armenians, referring to Hitler, use a clause as such; “ Who remembers Armenians” . That clause was found as an unreal one during the Nuremberg trials..
10. That, Dec.17, 2013 The European Court of Human Rights decision states; “……Moreover, Court acknowledged the fact that it would be very difficult to identify a general consensus in the academic community concerning the legal characterization of the events of the time as genocide.”
11.That, the Turkish government proposed establishing a commission of international historians and judges to study the 1915 events, but, Armenian side never accepted.
12. That, genocide claims must be scrutinized in the context of UN rules and regulations.
13. That, Turkey is a very credible, strong ally, and a globally strategic partner for the USA.
14.That, if he accepts Armenians’ proposal and recognize genocide that decision would not suit USA’s moral values, international law, justice and it would establish a blemished decision in American history.