DEMOKRASI IS BASINDA
AMERIKADA BASKANLK OYLARININ 3 EYALETDE YENIDEN SAYILMASI ICIN KAMPANYA BASLATILDI … PENSILVANYA, MICHIGAN VE VISCONSIN EYALETLERINDE
SAYIN NETICEYI ETKILIYEBILIR.. VE BASKAN DEGISEBILIR HALK KENDI ARASINDA SECIM MASRAFLARINI TOPLAMAK ZORUNDA CUMA SAAT 16:00 YA KADAR 2.5 MILYON DOLAR TOPLAMAK LAZIM COGU TOPLANDI YAKINDA HEPSI TOPLANIR..
HABER VE DESEK ISTEGI ASAGID
DR. KAYAALP BUYUKATAMAN
From: Ilya Sheyman, MoveOn.org Political Action [email@example.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 7:30 PM
Subject: An urgent request (election recount)
Something extraordinary is happening. In just hours, more than 80,000 MoveOn members have joined with Democracy For America members and others across the country in calling for an audit or hand recount.
Dear MoveOn member,
Something extraordinary is happening.
In just hours, more than 80,000 MoveOn members have joined with Democracy For America members and others across the country in calling for an audit or hand recount of election results in three states with razor-thin margins between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.
Hillary Clinton is leading the national popular vote by more than 2 million votes—but the Electoral College could be decided by fewer than 100,000 votes spread across Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania.
It’s critical that voters have confidence in the outcomes in these states. But according to Wisconsin and Michigan state laws, only a presidential campaign can ask for a recount. And thus far, the Clinton campaign hasn’t taken that step—but Jill Stein, the Green Party’s presidential candidate, has.
To meet the deadlines for a full recount in three decisive states, the Stein campaign must raise $2.5 million by Friday at 4 p.m. Central Time. They’ve already raised more than $2 million in less than 24 hours.1But there’s still about $500,000 to go.
So here’s an unusual request—one I couldn’t imagine making before this moment:
Will you pitch in to the Jill Stein campaign’s election integrity fund BEFORE Friday’s deadline—and help trigger an election recount in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania?
Click here to chip in directly to this important effort to verify the election results in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania.
To be clear:
- The electoral results are not likely to change. Yet, if we are to have a functioning democracy, we must verify the vote. Why? Seventy-five percent of the electorate votes on paper ballots which are then scanned into a machine, but we never double-check to look at those ballots and make sure the machine counts are accurate.2
- MoveOn members worked tirelessly to defeat Donald Trump by electing Hillary Clinton in this election. MoveOn members did not endorse the Green Party’s presidential candidate, Jill Stein. But we do agree with the Stein campaign that a recount is needed. And they are leading the charge to make sure it happens.
- Public trust in the integrity of our elections is a bedrock principle of our democracy. But a recount can happen in Wisconsin and Michigan only if a presidential campaign requests it. And the Clinton campaign hasn’t acted. So the Stein campaign’s effort is the only way to set all three recounts in motion. Triggering this process may also help pressure states to ensure they prioritize vote tally processes that can’t be hacked and can easily be verified in cases of close races.
Click here to contribute directly to the Jill Stein campaign’s important effort to verify our election results.
And be sure to read the donation page that the Stein campaign has set up, which fully explains their recount plans.
Thanks for all you do.
—Ilya, Jo, Manny, Anna, and the rest of the team
P.S. One big reason that this effort has a good chance of succeeding is that it’s been spreading organically over a very short period of time. So once you’ve chipped in, spread the word! You can click here to share this campaign on Facebook, or forward this message to your friends.
1. “Jill Stein raises over $2m to request US election recounts in battleground states,” The Guardian, November 23, 2016
2. “Just how secure are electronic voting machines?” CNN, August 9, 2016
Want to support our work? The MoveOn community will work every moment, day by day and year by year, to resist Trump’s agenda, contain the damage, defeat hate with love, and begin the process of swinging the nation’s pendulum back toward sanity, decency, and the kind of future that we must never give up on. And to do it we need your support, now more than ever. Will you stand with us?
Click here to chip in $3, or whatever you can afford.