TF – Posting Policy:
Turkish Forum welcomes expressions of all views. Letters should be brief and become the property of Turkish Forum. They may be edited and republished in any format. They must include valid mailing address and telephone number. Pseudonyms and initials will not be used. Letters should be in plain text and not include attachments. Editor has sole responsibility for publication. Property submitted to TF becomes TF’s property and is not returnable.
TF – Subscriber Conduct:
Subscriber shall use TF material for lawful purposes only. Subscriber shall not post or transmit through TF any material which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law, or which, without TF’s express prior approval, contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services. TF contains copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, including, but not limited to, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound, and the entire contents of TF are copyrighted as a collective work under the United States copyright laws. TF owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as well as in the content original to it.
Subscriber may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit, any of the content, in whole or in part.
Subscriber may download copyrighted material for Subscriber’s personal use only or in the manner described by TF at the time of posting. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without the express permission of TF and the copyright owner. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyrighted material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made. Subscriber acknowledges that it does not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material.
Subscriber shall not upload, post or otherwise make available on TF any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right and the burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright rests with Subscriber. Subscriber shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such a submission. By submitting material to TF, Subscriber automatically grants, or warrants that the owner of such material has expressly granted TF the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate and distribute such material (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such material. Subscriber also permits any other Subscriber to access, view, store or reproduce the material for that Subscriber’s personal use. Subscriber hereby grants TF the right to edit, copy, publish and distribute any material made available on TF by Subscriber.
The foregoing provisions are for the benefit of TF, its subsidiaries, affiliates and its third party content providers and licensors and each shall have the right to assert and enforce such provisions directly or on its own behalf.
RULES FOR POSTING
TF has evolved into a global “cyber think-tank” and an “Ataturkist thought center” on issues affecting Turkish Americans and Turks around the world, for various reasons, including but notlimited to:
– TF’s massive global network already boasting 320,000 subscribers;
– TF’s ability to follow Turkish and international events closely;
– TF’s infra-structure to respond instantly to defamation of Turkish culture and heritage;
– TF’s capability to make even multiple revised/updated editions on the same day when warranted;
– TF’s fairness to include many different aspects and viewpoints of events covered;
– TF’s lure to attract the attention of writers from many nations;
– TF’s instant and constant access to parliaments, political parties, elected offices, media, academia, think tanks, and other opinion and decision makers around the world;
– TF’s unique and very influential position to act as Voice of Turkish-Americans;and
– TF’s rapport with major news reporters.
The following rules for posting articles submitted to Turkish Forum (“TF”), therefore, shall be strictly enforced.
1. Please make sure to indicate source of information in all articles, surveys, and other items. Make sure to include information like when the article was published, where, by whom, and on what date.
If you don’t have them, research them, find them, add them to your article, and then submit the complete package to the Turkish Forum.
Since news without source can not be checked for truth, it can be a lie, distortion, disinformation, misinformation, manipulation, or propaganda, which in turn, could damage the reputation, respectability, and credibility of your creation TF.
2. In your letters, please identify clearly, which ideas are yours and which are quoations. Please do not forget that quotation without credit or reference is plagiarism. There is absolutely no room for lies or plagiarism in the TF that you helped create.
3. Please make sure that your articles are free from insults, curses, lies, and other such unfair, misleading, and/or defaming elements. TF is not the platform for personal vendettas and shall not be allowed to be used for such purposes even indirectly.
4. If you wish to start a campaign, please make sure that your news is correct; cross check with other news sources to verify its truth beyond a shadow of doubt; if possible write the first letter yourself; then, when the “campaign package is mature”, submit the whole package to TF for posting. If you can’t write the first letter (due to lack of information, expertise, social position, employment, fear of reprisals or even persecution), then at least, please include a tested-and-proven-correct e-mail address. Please show respect for our time and DO NOT SEND HALF BAKED IDEAS WITH HEARSAY WITHOUT THIRD PARTY VERIFICATION AND E-MAIL ADDRESS TO WRITE TO.
Please do not forget that TF is your work, your product… TF has set sail to bigger, better, and more beautiful horizons… TF fills its sails with the wind of TF’s subscribers and contributors… Because of all theses reasosn, we feel obliged to thank you here one more time… The rules above are designed to keep the high quality of TF. Those submissions that conform to TF’s rules will be posted as top priority. Other submissions that do not exactly conform, will be researched, to the extent possible within the time constraints of TF volunteers, and will be decided later if they are fit to be posted, without promising if or when they may be posted.